Monroe Newcomers & Neighbors Club is:
- A women’s social and civic organization
- Provides Monroe residents with an opportunity to make new friends, socialize, and be a more active part of the Monroe community
- Members are both longtime residents and those who have recently moved into the community
- Membership is diverse- various stages of life (working women, working moms, stay-at-home moms, and “empty nesters.”)
- We offer many activities/events throughout the year. There is no pressure to participate. You may attend as many or as few events as you would like.
For more information, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Groups/Activites that meet on a regular basis:
- Book Club
- Scrap booking
- Ladies’ Night Out
- Social Events (wine tasting, restaurant dinner, Oktoberfest, bowling, holiday semi-formal, game night, theater evening, salsa dancing, etc…)
- Family Fun Outings (afternoon at Downtown Cabaret Theater, building gingerbread houses, snow tubing, Easter egg hunt, etc…)
Activities that occur throughout the year:
- Annual Kickoff & Cocktails
- Floral Arranging for fall/winter holidays
- Holiday Celebration with an Ornament & Cookie Exchange
- “White Elephant” party
- Jewelry/Bead making evening
- Movie Night
- We also offer children’s activities through our Apple Juice Morning/Kiddie Day Trip Group. This group meets regularly and activities include such things as apple picking, play time at Wolfe Park, hayrides & pumpkin picking, a play date at a member’s home, strawberry picking, etc…
Our club also supports major civic events throughout the year:
- Relay for Life
- Monroe Food Pantry
- The Giving Tree (purchasing and wrapping of gifts)
- Helping Hands which is a support system for members in need (such as providing meals if someone has a new baby, illness, etc…)
- Local scholarships
Interested in Attending an Event or Joining the Monroe Newcomers & Neighbors Club?
- You may attend up to two events before joining our Club.
- Join our Club.